For many years we have run the very popular Pumpkin Decorating Competition for Halloween here at the National Botanic Gardens. Sadly, this year we cannot hold the exhibition in the gardens but we can hold an online competition and even more people can enter, so wherever you live in the country, or the world, you can enter this amazing competition. Photographs of the winning entries will be posted in a virtual exhibition on www.botanicgardens.ie
This year we are making an exception to our usual no carve rule, NOW, if you prefer you actually CAN CARVE your pumpkin if you choose to. (But Be Warned carved pumpkins don’t last very long!)
So get creative, we want to see your scariest, funniest, spookiest, wildest, most inventive pumpkins ever!
How to Enter:
- Fill in your name, age and title of your pumpkin on the printed entry form (see form below).
- Place the entry form beside your pumpkin so that it can easily be read.
- Take a clear photograph of the pumpkin and entry form.
- Post the picture of your pumpkin in the comments under our pumpkin post on Facebook
- Entries will be accepted from Monday 12th October 2020 to 17.00 on Saturday 31st October 2020.
- Only one photograph per decorated pumpkin to be submitted.
- Winners will be announced on Facebook just after Halloween.
- Judges decision is final.
- By submitting you are agreeing that your entry will be saved and shared online.
Categories for Halloween Pumpkin decorating/carving competition 2020:
- Age 0-4
- Age 5-6
- Age 7-8
- Age 9-10
- Age 11-18
- Age 18+
- Select a firm pumpkin and ensure that the stem is firmly attached.
- You may carve or paint or draw or glue materials onto your pumpkin.
- Carved pumpkins might not last as long as decorated pumpkins.
- Place the label beside the pumpkin with your name, age and title of pumpkin clearly displayed.
- Take a good close up picture of your pumpkin so that the judges can enjoy the detail.
Pictured are some examples from previous years for inspiration!